Technical Product Manager
About the Job
Your core mission as the Technical Product Manager is to identify the needs of the customer and the larger business objectives that a product or feature will fulfill. You are required to articulate how, what, when, and where a product should be considered as successful. You are expected to rally the team to turn the product vision into reality.
- Translates customer experience into technical requirements and product solutions.
- Drives technical solution for large features/technically complex features independently.
- Is technically adept on end-to-end system architecture.
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the industry and in general. Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Follow competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly.
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product.
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities.
- Manage research, evaluation, execution, and introduction of microservice opportunities, API strategy, application-to-application integration improvement, etc.
- Creates data flows and functional and technical specifications as needed.
- Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Coordinate beta tests.
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Ensures engineering team has needed information on endpoints, inputs and outputs.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Maintain strategic relationship with technical partners and providers.
- Assist the Product Owner of Chief Product Officer in creating and managing the Product Roadmap.
- Execute and manage the product vision.
- Identify, evaluate, and minimize risks associated to the product.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a technical product manager role dealing with products in Banking, Payments, Fintech, eCommerce industries
- Previous microservices, APIs, or backend product management services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive strategic direction
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Software development experience is an advantage but is not required