Starting a new company entails a lot of challenges which include primarily hiring the best, the ambitious and the most reliable team members. Having previously started a company, I have recruited the best and the mediocre. Some we thought we were lucky but turned out to be simply incompetent. Or, initially we thought we hired a mediocre who later become a company superstar.
My management style is simple, I hire fast and fire fast. Those who made it are people I would say, far better and smarter than me. They earned my respect. Those who failed are more competent in other fields than myself, so they were better off working somewhere else.
Anyway, as AltPayNet embarks this stage, we are hiring members of the founding team. Right now, we have projects which we have to say NO due to lack of manpower. After all, we are after long-term partnership clients than earning quick bucks.
The positions are Product Manager and Junior Software Engineers for our Makati, Philippines prototyping office.
For the Product Manager cum Coach Trainee
To be a General Manager or Coach someday by developing and taking ownership of products in the field of e-commerce and payments from prototyping, beta launching and market roll-out.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move to another opportunity
Aside from hanging around the office and getting your nice paycheck, you must have the following characteristics, skill set or has the experience of the following tasks:
- At least 5 years in product development and marketing leadership role in e-commerce and payments industry with exposure in the local and APAC markets.
- Able to develop and lead a team even under pressure with utmost professionalism and being resourcefulness.
- Strong management skills and with experience in motivating and providing objective and constructive feedforward to the team and peers.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and knowing Mandarin or Cantonese is a bonus.
- An independent thinker and is excited to encounter challenges.
- Someone who is humble enough to know that there is still so much to learn.
- Knows how to sell.
- He or she must understand and realize that ALTPAYNET is a start-up in its true essence of a Start-up.
For Junior Software Engineer cum Point Guard
To be a Senior Software Engineer or Coach someday by integrating and developing innovative and highly effective technologies in the financial and payment industries that change the way people send money and pay online and offline.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Move to another project or repeat
Aside from hanging around the office and getting your nice paycheck, you must have the following skill set or is willing to learn these skills:
- General Programming Skills (Software Design, Coding, Debugging, Documentation, and Testing)
- Core Development Skills
Web development: HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, Ajax & JQuery
Database: MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL
DB Programming: SQL, Stored Procedures, Views
Frameworks: Spring, Struts, Hibernate, Symfony2
Markup Languages: XML, JSON, SOAP
Platform: Windows, Linux, MacOS
Server Infrastructure: Amazon AWS, VMware, Ubuntu, CentOS
Services: Apache, Nginx, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Mail (SMTP/POP)
Version Control: Git
Remember, this is for the Philippines only. Please email your CV to email@example.com